Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cylinder trouble

Well, this figures. One of the few times I try to keep things simple and I end up running into all sorts of complications. Apparently, curling up end-to-end is a difficult task for a cylinder with only four joints, so I tried to make more but it still wouldn't work. So I tried making a slightly incomplete torus and using a skeleton to straighten it out. It looked kind of awkward unraveled as a long semi-straight tube, so I tried using a shorter and thicker torus instead. Then one end was weighted to the other and I had to go to the weight tool to separate the two ends, but it still doesn't solve the problem of not really being able to hop. I'm thinking of cutting the hopping part out, or just doing something different. If I end up doing something with the regular hopping cylinder instead, I could just make it jump through a hoop or something. I already know how to make the hoop. I spent all class familiarizing myself with that shape.

1 comment:

  1. yes you are quite familiar with the hoop!

    my vote is for hopping and jumping and skip rolling for now!

    ReplyDelete