Sunday, November 20, 2011

minor modeling snag

Well, I redid the half model to include a tail and slight moderations to the hand, but something still went wrong when I applied the symmetry. Before I did it, I made sure that all the vertexes had an x value of 0. I carefully selected each point and entered the value in the coordinates tab, and  yet parts of it overlapped when I did the symmetry. I don't know why, but there was also an extra row of polygons along the middle that I'm sure weren't there before. This model is looking good otherwise, so I really want to fix this. If it's anything like what I've been doing, I'm sure the solution to this is as simple as it is tedious.

...actually nevermind.

I just went back and tried it again. I went through the model vertex by vertex, correcting it one or more vertexes at a time and eventually got them all to line up. I was certainly right about it being simple and tedious. It may have been the most tedious part of any modeling process I've been a part of in this class, but that's alight. Arlo's model is finished, so it was worth it. I'm sure rigging and weighting is its own nightmare, but I think I've accomplished enough for this work session so that I can postpone worrying about that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment